Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father thy will be done

Now that I have a ipod, I have virtually every cd I have ever bought on it and it is set to shuffle ramdomly. It has kind of been neat to rediscover some older favourites. This song really cought my attention this week. This is my prayer or rather this is what I want my prayer to be - I want it all to be about my Father's Kingdom. Whatever is going on in my life, weather I am walking closly with Jesus or weather I am doubting his presence in my life I do want his Kingdom to come and His will to be done. Whatever that means for me, I'm in. I want His will to be done more that I want my life to be comfortable.


By Carolyn Arends

When I cannot ask for more - Father, thy will be done
When I rail at heaven's door - Father, thy will be done
When my faith in you is strong - Father, thy will be done
When my strength is almost gone - Father, thy will be done

Chorus:
Father, thy will be done
Father, thy will be done
I want to see your kingdom come
Thy will be done

When I cry to you in prayer - Father, thy will be done
When I don't believe you're there - Father, thy will be done
When I feel your gentle hand - Father, thy will be done
When I just don't understand - Father, thy will be done

Repeat chorus

When I'm walking in the light - Father, thy will be done
When my heart is black as night - Father, thy will be done
When you give what I desire - Father, thy will be done
When you take me through the fire - Father, thy will be done

2 comments:

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

That's a good one! Thanks for sharing!!!

Jill and Mark said...

Very cool song. I haven't heard it but I love the words.
One of our favourite people (Mike Van W) who happens to be our worship leader some days at church wrote a song entitled "Kingdom Come"...I guess with what is going on in the world right now (wars, famine, genocide, etc) we need Jesus' kingdom on earth now more than ever.