Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Diaper Dilema

So Little miss Samantha has a new favourite hobby. Taking off her diaper. She now takes it off all the time. It doesn't matter what pants she is wearing, skirts, shorts, pj pants, jeans- she can get them all off, and once she does then her diaper is instanly off too. So now she can't be out of our sight for a minute before she takes it off. The first time it was kind of cute when she walked up to us and handed over her dirty diaper. Then she started to pee on the floor, no so cute anymore. Then to put the icing on the cake today - she pooped on the floor. GROSS. Thank goodness she is a rather solid kid. As soon as I hear her peep on the moniter I am in there, but too late today, I really have no idea how to curb this problem, but something needs to change and fast.

3 comments:

Anthony and Kim said...

Yikes! Im not ready for poop on the floor, Im glad Evan will be in diapers for a long time!!

Anonymous said...

Tasha,

I've enjoyed readng your blog the past few weeks. I stumbled upon it through Kim's and found Kim's through Kristy's.
Although I don't have kids I have 2 dogs and I've had both since they were 8 weeks. Therefore I have house trained them both with success. So, as silly as it sounds this is what helped with the puppies. I would try and catch her in the act of taking her daiper off and punish/make it very clear that what she is doing is wrong/bad. Catch her enough times and punish her the same way each time and I would think that she'd learn real quick that there are consequences for taking her diaper off. Good Luck!

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

Did you try the duct tape?