Saturday, December 22, 2007

Why

Over the last couple of weeks I have been struggiling with the concept of young peoples bodies being savaged by Cancer specifically. I struggle to understand why God would let this happen and struggle further to understand why the Great healer does not heal. I can't say I am any closer to a grand realization but while talking to a friend this week she said something that has stuck with me this week. She pointed out the verse John 11:35 - Jesus Wept. I have been tossing that back and forth and read the chapter to put it into context. Why did Jesus weep? My friend and her wise husband believe perhaps because suffering and illness and diesease are not in his plan. That it saddens him and he weeps. This comforts me. Not saying it takes away my questions and that it makes it okay that I have a friend who is nearly defeated from Cancer. I am sad, I want Jesus to heal. I don't see a purpose and can't fathom what good comes from a man watching his wife suffer or another young man left a widow to raise his infant alone. But it comforts me a little to know that the God who created Steph is weeping at what is happening to her.

I have had this CD for a long time but forgot about it- it caught my ear while the ipod was on shuffle in the van.

GOD WEEPS TOO by ELI

This is for the man who never learned to read or write
he worked two jobs instead of going to school
I know it hurt you as a child, please remember all the while
That God weeps too

This is for the widow who now must sleep alone
When the memory of a kiss will have to do
Every night when she lays downyou can almost hear the sound
when God weeps too

God weeps too, God weeps too
Though we question Him for all that we go through
still it helps me to beleive and my faith it does relieve
Just to think that God weeps too

For every survivor of the wickedness of man
whether a black man or a Jew
some people kill in Jesus name
He is not the one to blame
cause even God weeps too

God weeps too, God weeps too
though we question Him for all that we go through
still it helps me to beleive and my faith it does relieve
just to think that God weeps too

No comments: