Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Circumcision

For those of you who have had a boy in recent years, you have been faced with the decision on weather to have him circumcised or not. It is no longer Medically recommended and from what I gather it is about 50/50 for those who do and do not get it done. There is a study out that shows that Circumcision can help reduce the risk of becoming infected with HIV, through intercourse. Full article HERE

Although I pray my son will never be in a position to risk becoming infected at all, I find the article interesting and wonder if it will come back to be a recommended procedure

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tasha/Tosha,

I just saw your email announcing your joining of the dark side and had to come see for myself. Shame on you. Christians aren't supposed to cave in to societal norms. As one of your pastors, I will be praying for you fervently.

Having said that, if all entries in blogland were about circumcision (such a biblical topic), I might be more tempted to join. My friends and I used to use this topic to decide teams for pick up sports when we were in high school. It was always so disappointing to us that the ratio seemed to be more of the 70/30 variety. It does my heart good to hear that the balance is closer to 50/50 now. Somehow the world now feels restored and as it should be. You made my day.

Have fun blogging. I'll expect all topics to be this riveting when I visit!

Malcolm