Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Head Case

I am a headcase. "your just realizing this now" snickers those who know me. Tee hee well maybe Headcase is not the correct term but I did recently have my head examined. I have had a troubling spot on my head for months. It is a permanent spot of tenderness. It almost feels like it is bruised but there is no mark and it doesn't go away. I am not exaggerating at all when I say months at least 4 but I would say closer to 6. I have also been getting a lot of headaches but I don't know for sure that they are related.

When I first asked my Dr about it there was some miscommunication and he thought I was complaining of a dry skin issue and he advised me to use hydrocortizone cream. At a later appt I brought it up again and he sent me for a xray which revealed something possible a fluid build up indicating a sinus issue. He wanted to be thorough so he sent me for a CT Scan and got me in with a week, which is abnormal for Calgary. So I went to the DR again this week for the results. It is nothing serious and just a sinus infection and I am on antibiotics. I have 6 days worth of pill and I am on day 3 and so far no improvement. Hopefully they will start to kick in and it will go away and I tired of having a hurting forehead.

2 comments:

Anthony and Kim said...

so glad to hear everything is ok, i hope that your antibiotics starts to work soon. Um did you ever meet my friend Kim from a few years ago....she was a TOTAL head case!! we all go through these phases!!

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

Glad to hear it's nothing more serious!!! Here's hoping those antibiotics do their job so you don't have to go back to the doctor. Ihate doctors!!! No offense if you have a good doctor or any doctor friends...