Friday, August 17, 2007

Just the Ticket!

So as many know I have been quite worked up for sometime about the reality of having to go back to work. For a while I was obsessing over it. I would wake up at night to feed Nate and then instead of returning to bed I would stay up late and scour the Internet in hopes of finding something I could do from home.

I found there were a lot of adds offering at home opportunities but was finding that they were all scams. I had a form email that I sent to numerous different adds and when the reply came they virtually all had some price attached to them.

Just for pure curiosity I paid the fee once. I found one that was only $10 and they would sent training materials so I figured I could lose 10 bucks- I will give it a try to see what it was.

I kid you not- I received a email --- so called training materials. The email gave me a sample add- the same one I responded to and told me too place that add in as many free sites as I could find and just watch the money roll in. Then just forward this same email to the people who sign up. That is the work from home. What a crock. I can't believe people can live with themselves.

After replying to probably 25 adds and all of them requiring payment, I stumbled across something very different. At home data entry/bookkeeping. I emailed back and forth a couple of time before talking to them directly. After talking for a hour and half we then met for coffee to discuss more.

The idea is the company looks after acquiring clients in need of bookkeeping services and they figure out all the specifics of the job. They set up time frames and such and they also set up a spreadsheet that meets the clients needs. The company then bring the paperwork- receipts and such as well as the spreadsheet to me and I go to town entering everything.

So I did my first project in the beginning of July. It started off really slow and I was doubting it would work. However August has been a different story altogether. Because the Company itself is just getting going- it took a bit to create the databases and process and stuff. They have been getting more and more clients weekly, and my workload has become steady. I am very limited as to what I can make while on Maternity leave so the slow start up has been perfect for me. I really feel like I may not have to go back to work. I think I could make what I need to make to keep up with our bills. What a answer to prayer!

I actually really enjoy the work itself. Date sorting receipts and entering data and I feel like the money is good for the work being done. A fair rate. The Company is ran by a Father/daughter team, and they are both fantastic! The dad is the spreadsheet whiz along with numerous years as a business leader. The daughter is brains behind the bookkeeping side of things. I have interacted with both of them and I have no complaints. They really have a passion for what they are doing and they really have a high value of family and they really focus on that in there business planning. They have great deadlines that are easily attainable even with 2 small children at home. The arrange to drop off work or pick it up in the evening when the kids are in bed. This truly feels like the perfect fit for my life.

No comments: