Saturday, May 5, 2007

Romance Defined

So I have been thinking a lot about romance lately, perhaps because it is our Anniversary. As I have been thinking about it, my immediate thought was...well Fred is not that Romantic, but I could not be more wrong. I think romance could be defined as a unexpected act or gesture of love. I don't think flowers,gift, poetry or candlelit dinners define romance, I think those can be romantic things, but they don't define romance. Here are some "romantic" things Fred has done lately.

He fills my water cup every night
He changes diapers without being asked
He tiled our bathroom floor
He put air in my tires
He put in a new light fixture.
He bought a bbq set, cause I mentioned ours had seen better days.
He installed my ipod in the van
He locks up every night
He emails me throughout the day
He always changes the big water bottle
He changes in the closet in the morning with the door closed so I don't wake up with the light.
He puts the laundry away cause he knows I hate that job
He doesn't get mad when I volunteer him for things

This list could go on and on, there is so many things that Fred does to show me he loves me each and every day, and I don't think I recognize them nearly enough. He doesn't have to do these things, but he wants to. I don't nag him to do them, he just does them. He is thoughtful in so many ways, he takes care of us in so many ways. He is my best friend in the whole world, and I am so thank full that we get to do life together. I love you more today then when we married 7 years ago. I love you deeper and for more reasons. I love you more then I know how to communicate. Happy Anniversary Freddie!

2 comments:

Anthony and Kim said...

Awe! You two are a great couple and have really grown to compliment each other. I can't believe it's been 7 years...WOW time flies. Congrats!

Stacey Sparshu Miller said...

And you really were surprised to discover your primary love language? If I wasn't sure before, I sure am now!